C3 works to design solutions that will empower women and girls access their due entitlements. They view gender equality as essential for democracy and development, and towards this end equip women with practical life skills. Some key areas of work include equal participation of women in governance and leadership, access to reproductive and maternal health care, nurturing support with small grants and empowering adolescent girls in hygiene, civic responsibility and employment opportunities. They work with across the country with different organisations and schools and in Bihar, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Odisha and Gujarat.
Why they are the right choice for others:
- Work in collaborative models with organisations, educational spaces and the Government of India to influence deeper policies and on the ground implementation
- Have impacted national-level health guidelines and policies in key areas of work
- Work primarily with adolescent life and health and mainstreaing this as a key gender issue
- Working on long term detailed interventions from within the system to improve large platform delivery of entitlements undergirded by evidence based research
- Work on maximum impact for a large number of beneficiaries through partnerships, and engaging citizens and communities.