EquiDiversity Foundation is a Feminist Civil Society Organisation based in Kolkata working for gender equality (particularly in the areas of decision making and governance) and promoting diversity. Their work is to strengthen rural local self governance with Panchayati Raj institutions for addressing gender issues and strengthening autonomy in gender based leadership and participation in South 24 Parganas, Birbhum, Purulia of West Bengal, India. Their vision is of a world free of gender based violence where there is co-sharing of power and freedom in gender, and working to create gender equality through empowerment on many axes in collaboration of individuals, the community and the state.
Why they are the right choice for others:
- Driven by co-creation to create a space of gender equality in rural India
- Working with rural governance for systemic change to create gender inclusivity and participation
- Fosters women leaders who can participate in governance
- Creating a platform for youth and a new generation of thought on gender equality by working with children and youth
- Creating a replicable model